2005-12-20

 

Sydney Riots

I wasn't going to comment on the Sydney Riots, because they don't have any strategic relevance. But a couple of people have asked me to comment, given that I live in Sydney myself. I get my news from the BBC and Fox News so I don't know any more about it than anyone else. What I would say is that it is very rare to have such an occurrence in Australia. I can't think of any other time where large numbers of Australians have gone on a rampage. And beating up innocent people is very un-Australian. Australians normally have a combination of apathy and tolerance that keep them away from racial violence.

I assume the rioting whites are pissed off at Muslims for attacking Australia. But as far as I am concerned, that issue is already being addressed. We are fighting the bad Muslims in Afghanistan and Iraq already. The rioters should concentrate on the Labor Party in Australia who are opposed to the war in Iraq. I bet most of the rioters are Labor supporters. They probably feel that Muslims are not integrating themselves into Australia. There are Lebanese gangs in Sydney - but not in the north of Sydney which is where I live. There have been some famous gang-rapes perpetuated by the Lebanese, including one notable perpetrator who said "I'm from Lebanon - I didn't know rape was illegal".

It is the police's job to take care of bad Muslims in Australia, not rioting whites. And if they don't like Australia's immigration policy they should vote for Pauline Hanson's "One Nation" party if it still exists. Regardless, they are outvoted. I personally don't like the fact that we have foreigners coming here who refuse to integrate into mainstream Australian society. There's nothing wrong with mainstream Australia. There's no reason to form ethnic blocs. The riots remind me of the movie "Romper Stomper". It is one of the best Australian films ever made. Watch it if you haven't already seen it!



<< Home
|



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?